Family Literacy is….
- Talking, listening, singing, rhyming, reading, writing and playing in any language.
- Cooking and reading the recipes and labels together.
- Talking with children-discussing everything you see.
- Writing a grocery list together.
- Reading together everyday – books, magazines, posters, signs, etc.
- Playing with words and language.
- and so much more…
It is the intent of SPRCL Family Literacy to provide parents who have children 0 to 6 years with accessible information and ideas that will help them foster their children’s literacy and language development in an inexpensive and creative manner.
**Programs are available to families who live outside of the City of Grande Prairie.
Contact: Kate Potter, Family Literacy Coordinator